Essential components required for any postpaid/contract cell phone plan to make it feasible:
1. The basis of Credit history/contractual commitment, wherein the phone service provider is able to establish conviction with the customer has his ability to pay a particular bill whenever due and have the legal resource just in case of non-payment.
2. A requirement of service tenure for the customer's signs a long-term commitment to utilize the service. There shall be early termination fees if the subscribers will be unable to complete the said term.
In addition to this, the bill is a crucial element that plays as a representative of the service provider and an evidence of the service used itself. This particular bill should be clear, readable and attractive which means that as much as possible the bill should not only contain the amount due but a comprehensive summary that explains why and how you came up with the bill amount. Postpaid or contract cell phone plans is still making an important segment of the market in the height of competition and the rising of prepaid subscribers.
OTHER FEATURES OF A CONTRACT/POSTPAID CELL PHONE PLANS
Contract / Postpaid cell phone plans are best known in terms of “free services, but payment later”. Such services include; calling, text messaging, web browsing and other features with a fixed rate on a specific amount. What makes this convenient is your chance of getting immediate access to your desired services then later you will just have to think of the payments. For bundle talks, data and text, these plans are considered to be the most cost-effective. In these plans, you can locate or avail discounts that allow you to pay as small as $50 for a $300 worth of phone even from the start that those providers have sponsored the prices of the phones just to attract prospective customers to sign dotted lines. The bottom line here is your choice of getting locked for two-year contract however if you have decided to bail prior to its expiration it will even cost you more than $350 in penalties. Your best attempt at action here is for you to select least plan to commence. Next, passing two to three months you need to re-examine. Then if you consume plenty of overage charges then you have to go up a plan but if you are under the drop down. Furthermore, you have to anticipate taxes, fees, and surcharges.
An advantage of Contract Postpaid Cell phone plans:
• Contract/Postpaid Cell Phone Plans have different data and calling plans to choose for.
• You can avail lower per-minute rates.
• If you were a frequent traveler especially going abroad, it helps you get uninterrupted cell phone coverage compared from prepaid phone plans that won’t work.
• Provides various options to choose like on some big service providers which offer different features that can only be available in postpaid like unlimited calling with family members or shared data plans.
• The privilege of purchasing new cell phones that mostly makes up 50% less opting for a term contract.
• Gives rational good insurance from losing the service permanently or momentarily within the plan limits.
• Service telecom providers normally give subscribers access codes that allow them to monitor the use of the phone by taking down into particular online user site.
• Potential subscribers need to wait to receive access to the service not until its postpaid application is already approved through a credit check which can be achieved either through the online application or in-store visits.
The disadvantage with Contract Postpaid Cell phone plans:
• Normally covers two-year contract
• Require fees for activation or early termination.
• You are locked into a contract that you are obliged to pay with less knowledge on what you may expect from the company.
• Somehow if you have occurrences of poor customer services and you may decide to switch to a different service provider you, however, you cannot do this without paying a large amount for the cancellation fees.
• There is complexity on the terms wherein, postpaid subscribers receive a share of minutes for a monthly flat rate then pay in return for additional minutes utilized in excess charges. Furthermore, these extra charges differ among service providers and are billed at sky-scraping rates.